The redevelopment of Queens Park will see the total transformation of the Queens Park area of Blackpool. In total, the plans will see the demolition of 495 existing flats on the estate, to be replaced by 191 new homes; for rent through Blackpool Coastal Housing.
The existing flats are mainly in 5 high rise blocks and 12 maisonettes. The redevelopment will see their demolition and as the 5 towers are the only high rise in Blackpool, the project will transform the town’s skyline.
The project is to be delivered in two main phases. Phase 1 comprises of 92 properties, consisting of 40 three-storey flats, 30 two-storey flats and 22 family houses. Phase 2 will include a further 99 new homes.
Improvement works to Laycock Rec’ will be consulted on shortly and will form part of the regeneration of the area.
Phase 1 is now complete.
- Demolition of maisonettes will begin January 2016.
- Preparatory work for the demolition of the tower blocks will being April 2016.
- Demolition of the tower blocks will begin in the May 2016.
- Newbuild operations commence May 2016 onwards.
- First new home completions programmed for March 2017.
- Final completion of the project by March 2018.